By Alec Nathan
Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford claimed the top spot in the pairs free skate at Gangneung Ice Arena in Pyeongchang, South Korea, on Sunday with a score of 148.51.
That performance handed Canada 10 points in the team competition, while Valentina Marchei and Ondrej Hotarek secured nine points for Italy by virtue of their second-place showing.
Here’s a complete look at the final results:
1. Meagan Duhamel/Eric Radford (Canada) – 148.51
2. Valentina Marchei/Ondrej Hotarek (Italy) – 138.44
3. Natalia Zabiiako/Alexander Enbert (Olympic Athletes from Russia) – 133.28
4. Alexa Scimeca Knierim/Chris Knierim (United States) – 126.56
5. Miu Suzaki/Ryuichi Kihara (Japan) – 97.67
The updated team standings through five events can be viewed below. As a reminder, the field was trimmed from 10 countries to five following the ladies’ short program earlier Sunday.
1. Canada (45 points)
2. Olympic Athletes from Russia (39 points)
3. United States (36 points)
4. Italy (35 points)
5. Japan (32 points)
This article will be updated to provide more information on this story as it becomes available.
Get the best sports content from the web and social in the new B/R app. Get the app to get the game.